Coffee & Computers | Video calling with Facebook Messenger
free, community-based group that aims to help computer beginners gain basic IT skills in a social setting
tablets, iPad, mobiles, computers, help, assistance, advice, Haringey, Harringay, Haringay, Wood Green, Highgate, Tottenham, Turnpike Lane, digital inclusion, digital champions, coffee, coffee computers, basic skills, education, volunteers, volunteer, learn digital skills
Video calls with Facebook Messenger
If you have a Facebook account you can login to Facebook Messenger, a charge-free video-calling service for Facebook users.
What you need
You will require a Facebook account, the latest version of the Facebook Messenger app from the App Store for Apple devices and from the Google Play store for Android devices.
And your friends on Facebook who you want to call will also need to have the latest version of the Facebook Messenger app.
To get started
- Click on the video icon at the top right corner of the screen. This lets you start a video call from within an existing Messenger conversation.
- Open a conversation with the person or people you want to video chat with.
- Click on the camera icon in the top right corner of the chat window
- Once you start the video call, the camera starts in selfie mode and you will be able to switch to the rear camera.
- During a video call on Facebook Messenger, a small window shows what your camera is pointing at — which you can drag around. You can also cut the video feed on your end and play just the audio of the conversation.