We value our ability to provide you with information through our interactions with you, whether they are face-to-face or through our website or other digital platforms from which we may be affiliated from time to time.
This notice, together with our website terms and conditions tells you about how we collect, use and protect your Personal Information.
What Personal Information do we collect?
“Personal Information” means any information from which your identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained. This includes, your:
- postal address
- email address
- phone number
How and where do we obtain Personal Information about you?
When you visit our website we collect certain information or data about you. We collect:
- your IP address, which may reveal your location
- details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site, using Google Analytics cookies
- Personal Information you provide when you attend one of our meetings or use our contacts page
- Personal Information you provide when using our telephone helpline
How we use your Personal Information
Your Personal Information can only be viewed by authorised people in Coffee & Computers to:
- communicate with you about our services.
- improve our website by monitoring how you use it
- to place you in touch with a Coffee & Computers volunteer to assist you, if you have expressly requested assistance from us.
What if you do not want to us to keep your Personal Information?
At any time you may request your records to be deleted by sending a clearly worded request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are in receipt of an email newsletter from us, you can remove yourself at any time from the mailing list by clicking on the ‘Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email.
This may mean, however, that you may not be able to make use of the services offered by us, such as receiving our newsletters and being notified of meetings. However, you can use our website www.coffeecomputers.org without telling us who you are or providing any Personal Information.
On what basis do we use your Personal Information?
We use your Personal Information to help us operate and improve our services as well as to minimise any disruption to the services that we may offer to you. It also allows us to make our communications with you more relevant and personalised, and to make your experience of our products and services an efficient and effective one.
We do not share your Personal Information
We will not share information about you with any third party without your express permission.
Websites that we do not own or control
Our website contains links to other websites and external services to enhance the functionality of the website. Whilst we make every effort to make sure that external services have acceptable privacy policies, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and services. We advise you to be aware and read their privacy policies.
Our website also use interfaces with social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter. These interfaces may allow the social media site to connect your visits to our websites with other Personal Information.
How we protect your Personal Information.
To help protect the privacy of data and Personal Information we collect and hold, we maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards. However sending information over the internet cannot be guaranteed to be completely secure. Consequently any data you send to us over the internet is at your own risk.
Your Rights under this Privacy Notice
You may have the right:
- To withdraw your consent to the processing of your information at any time, where we process your Personal Information based on having your consent;
- To ensure that you data is kept up to date and accurate;
- To be provided with a copy of your Personal Information held by us;
- To request the correction and/or deletion of your Personal Information, or restrict or object to the processing of your Personal Information;
- To request to obtain your Personal Information from the Coffee & Computers and reuse it or have it transferred for your own purposes across different services; and
- To complain to us, or to a competent supervisory authority, or to a court of law, if your data protection rights are violated or you have suffered as a result of unlawful processing of your Personal Information.
- To find out what Personal Information we hold about you and request that information be in a format that is portable to a third party service.
If you would like to exercise any of the rights listed above, please let us know by getting in touch via email@example.com
This policy was last reviewed: May 22, 2020